Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Year 5, Day 117

Hi. Today's song is At War by Letters From The Fire.


This one actually found me thanks to Facebook. I've been trying to find a good place to put this one because of the new music I've found, new artists I didn't know before these guys are in the top ten. I honestly played this song on a loop for three hours when I first heard it. They formed in 2012 officially, although an earlier iteration named Park Lane was around since 2007. They released an EP in 2014, and an album in 2016 followed pretty quickly by a tour with another artist I've featured named Lacey Sturm. This song is from their first album; and they are currently working on a second one, but they have a different singer now. I know the band is the culmination of the guitarists and bassist's vision more than anyone else because their the only originals left, but it is notoriously hard to switch out singers and still be considered the same group. It has a lot to do with the fact that that voice is what everyone associates the music with (example being that I can't think Linkin Park without thinking of Chester) so I'm very curious to see what will happen with their new singer. Regardless this song saves a little moment in time where perfection happened and I hope it effects you as much as it did me.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment