Hi guys. Today's song is A Flat by Black Violin.
I have been waiting so long to find the right place to put this song up, so the placement does it justice, and when I was getting the post for Kevin ready yesterday, it hit me like a brick. Perfect segue into these guys considering both the songs are based around string instruments. So this is a duo from Florida, made up of Kevin Sylvester and Wilner Baptiste, although they go by Kev Marcus and Wil B. They were high school friends who reconnected after college and formed this group. Kev plays the violin, getting into it when his mom enrolled him after he got into some trouble. Wil plays the viola, which was actually an accident. He wanted to play sax but got put into the wrong classes. Their name is inspired by the last work of jazz violinist Hezekiah Leroy Gordon Smith, otherwise known as Stuff Smith. They originally wanted to function in the same way as Timbaland, but after doing some shows realized that they enraptured the audience on their own and didn't need to collaborate with singers. I found them thanks to Pitch and I'm so glad for that because every song I've heard by them is epic. I hope you think so too.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment