Morning. Today I give you Teen Idol by Marina and the Diamonds.
This is another one that I've been waiting on for awhile because it's almost too good to use. If that makes sense? Probably not. Anyway, Marina and the Diamonds is the stage name for Marina Lambrini Diamandis and is and artist from England. She found her love of music while in school thanks to a very inspiring music teacher. After that the idea of becoming a singer was all she wanted so she did what was needed to earn money for a move to London. Marina did move to London at tried a bunch of different avenues to get into the music business from going to school for it, to auditioning for musical and PR Reps. It never really worked out, so instead she switched to focusing on writing her own music. She was always good with lyrics, but she also taught herself piano, and proceeded to record some demos with a keyboard and GarageBand. Those were released on MySpace and garnered the attention of 14 different labels. She's done incredibly well for herself despite self-identifying as "uncommercial". While she's currently on a break to get some distance from her persona for Electra Heart (her last album where this song is from) I'm looking forward to anything she chooses to make in the future. I hope you guys check her out.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment