Saturday, August 13, 2016

Year 4, Day 173

Morning. So today's song is Kiss From A Rose by Seal.


I just got an email from my father. I don't talk to my father, we're estranged. The estrangement stems from a number of things, but what it boils down to is that he's a giant asshole who assumes that providing sperms means he has total ownership over mine and my sisters' lives. That mentality kind of ended when I turned 18, but he tried to hold on with a vice grip. Anyway, he sent me an email informing me that my "natural" grandfather had died. This is interesting for a couple reasons. 1. My dad's relationship with his father was worse than mine is with him. 2. I've never met this man in my entire life, and he's never wanted to meet me. 3. My dad drilled it into my brain that I should hate him. Which I didn't necessarily, he was just never a thought in my mind. But my dad felt the need to email me, telling me he died and that they had reconciled because the man was his father and it was the right thing to do. That little tidbit is how I realized this note had nothing to do with the death, but was him using a legitimate reason to tell me that I should be reconciling with him. This was an email sent to both me and my sister. The funny thing is that none of the emails are right. My sister didn't get the email, and I only got it on a fluke because I checked my old email. I may not mourn my blood grandfather's death, but even I can recognize that it shouldn't have been exploited to complete another goal. Death should be respected, regardless. I'm peeved by this, but I'll leave my ranting at that.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment