Hello. So today's song is Fallin' by Alicia Keys.
So I went for a trip with my mom to Victoria. This most likely means nothing to you so I'll fill in some information. We're driving there, which is a twelve hour drive including the ferry ride to get to the island. So rather than just driving straight to Victoria, first we're going to travel up to Jasper and then over to Victoria and then come through Kamloops on the way home. So to offset a long drive through BC we are first tacking on a six hour drive to Jasper. Why? Because clearly we are crazy people. So we left Monday and got to have a nice scenic drive through Alberta, not stopping until we got to the Icefields. Rather than going into the actual Icefields because we've done that before, we opted to go to the Skywalk. For those who don't know what that is, it's this monstrous looking thing: an overhang made of glass on a mountain... terrifying.
My mom wanted to go on it and after listening to my family mock the idea for days saying I never would go near it, I wanted to prove them wrong. And I did...but at what cost. You can feel the whole thing shaking, even when you aren't on the actual glass part. Even my mom was terrified to stand on it! Most of the people there too were travelers from around the world which is great because hell yeah tourism, but everyone is so rude. I know Canadians are considered to be overly nice, but come on people, be polite and courteous! The use of the word please would do wonders. Now I sound like the douche, but it really was bad. Anyway we got back from the Skywalk and made it to Jasper where we got to have a really fancy room (executive for some reason?) for the night. This is already kind of long so I'm going to split up the trip talk over the next couple days, so there's day one and that's all for now!
Peace.


No comments:
Post a Comment