Sunday, November 23, 2014

Year 3, Day 213

Hello! Today's song is Gangsta by Kat Dahlia.


I might as well get the rapping stuff out of the way while I'm on it. I don't know what to really say about this song. It's pretty smooth at times, and I can get into it, but she still confuses me. I don't understand people who have great singing voices doing rapping instead. I know it's probably a genre they like, but you can here that she has the ability to do more. I might just be a music snob since being in choir, but it bugs me. The song lyric are really sad if you listen closely to them. It's even worse because of how accurate it is, as far as single parents sacrificing everything for their kids. I had two parents and we were still kind of fucked. I couldn't imagine if they had to do it themselves...I have a lot of respect for people who do it alone. If you guys listen to this song make sure you focus on the lyrics, because it does tell a story.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment