Hi. Today's song is Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard.
It is unfathomable to me that this song isn't on here yet in any year. I became absolutely obsessed with this song in high school and I basically listened to it on a loop. There was a time when I could only stand three songs, and this was one of them. Man, this brings me back to logistics classes that I was forced to take. I had really long hair that hung in my face, so I used to put my earbuds around my ear and then in, so they wouldn't fall out, and then hide it in my hair. It's a trick that I used at work once too, but is probably not something that should be done. If you're wondering about me being 'forced' to take that class, it's because I had too many spares. In my school depending on the grade you could have a spare period where there were no classes, and usually it all worked out fine. Tenth grade had no spares, eleventh got a half spare (quarter of a year long) and the twelves got a full spare. Since I was in choir and leadership though, my schedule got super messed up since my gym and CALM classes were part of the curriculum in choir and CALM in leadership too. So I had already taken CALM in leadership and gym in choir in tenth grade with all the older kids. So when I got around to grade eleven I had two unofficial spares in those classes and got the whole afternoon every second day off. That was fine with my counselor since I was a good kid and I still was technically in class. The problem came when they found out I had also taken social before and therefore has a full spare in my schedule. That was not okay. So at the last minute I got shoved into the only two classes left that didn't need prerequisites, and I found myself in logistic and marketing. I find that last one kind of funny now since I'm a marketing major now. They were ridiculously easy tenth grade classes that required no brainpower from me, hence the trick with the headphones. So that's the story of me and this song that you probably didn't need, but what the hell.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment