Hey Guys. So today's song is Carry On by Fun. The real reason this is the song choice today is because of this video about the flood. This shows a vast array of pictures from Calgary, High River and others small towns affected.
So I posted on a video from the flood about all the horrible comments people were putting, saying we deserved what we got. I told them "Okay I'm from Calgary and some of your comments are sickening. This has
nothing to do with wealth, gas prices or the oil sands. This is a freak
occurrence because of nature. I have seen kindness in the affected
places, and only disrespect from the people beyond it. Like every city
there are people who do stupid things, but don't stereotype us. Think
about the fact that more than 100,000 people were evacuated and only
1500 of them had to go to evacuation centres. Focus on that instead of your
hatred." Then some guy decided to argue with me about it. I had to keep defending the city I hold dear, and all the people in it. It really bothers me how rude some people are when there is a natural disaster. Today in Calgary, as if to prove I was right, thousands of Calgarians came out to McMahon Stadium where volunteer groups were being formed to clean up the city. It was incredible. Now that the waters are going down, the real heart of Calgary is coming out.

No comments:
Post a Comment