So I showed you guys a picture of an underpass here in Calgary, so you could see the damage done. Well here is the updated picture of that same spot as of today.
Pretty awesome right? The last picture is a bit closer up than the others, but it does show the difference. Today more communities got to go home and our first responders, Edmonton Police help and the army spent time pumping the water out of downtown and other flooded areas. Weather seems to be nice based on the fact that my neighbor is cutting his lawn. That means that it's dry enough to do so.
Even with the message from our Mayor to stay of the river, there are people riding seadoos around the streets. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but I am not surprised. My dad used to tell me stories of the last time it flooded, when our neighbor (the one currently cutting his grass) canoed down the street. I should also mention the last flood was minor and we were supposed to be safe from more flooding based on precautions put in place after that one.
![]() |
| 17th ave raft party? |
![]() |
| caught a fish outside her apartment! |
![]() |
| nonchalantly passing a cop car... |





No comments:
Post a Comment