Hey. So today's song is Can We Talk? by Tevin Campbell.
This
song came out the same year I was born, but can we just talk about how
amazing of a song it is? He is one talented dude. I will admit that the
only reason I know who he is can be blamed on Disney. He was the voice
of Powerline in A Goofy Movie and I still stop and jam to those songs
every time I hear them. Granted they are more upbeat and faster than
Tevin's tracks, but what do you expect from a Disney movie. Tevin's songs have so much soul in them that I don't even mind that they're slow jams. I chose to
show you this song because in 2012 Tevin did something incredible. He
uploaded a video
to YouTube of him singing this song. That may seem insignificant, but
there aren't a lot of people in the industry who can (or would) do that
with their own songs. He sounds just as good as he did on the original
recording, if not better. So if this is the kind of music you enjoy,
look up more of his stuff.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment