Hello. So today's song is Entertainment by Phoenix.
The beginning of this reminds me of an exorcise we always did in choir that freaked out people who were listening. So I was in high school, and essentially all levels of choir sound different because the gain more experience. My teacher always wanted us a a college choir level and to make us see the she would have us start off at a children's choir level. It sounded terrible and we were over exaggerating the 'e' sounds. The middle school choir which was better, but still terrible. Then high school which sounded alright, no more 'e' in it. Then we would hit college level and it was the only time we ever sounded ridiculously awesome and highly skilled. The fact we could go through this stages in a 30 second time frame made every bystander squirm because it was quite the shock. Just a little random fact for you there. I have no idea what is happening in this video. I tried to make sense of it, still don't know. Apparently though "this video is like watching a
historical Korean drama and looking at modern Korea at the same time.
Fucking Korean pride all the way!" I guess that makes sense. The song is called Entertainment so why not show clips of dramas that people would watch. I've never seen a Korean drama so I can tell you if these are legitimately from TV shows or if it's just something for a video, but either way I thought it was interesting. The video takes place in Korea, but the band is actually from Versailles in France. They've released five albums (this song being from the latest one) and despite the view count on this YouTube video, they actually have a huge following. Check them out on Facebook and their website.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment