Monday, August 11, 2014

Year 3, Day 109

Hey guys. So today's song is Hunger and Thirst by Typhoon.



I've said it before and I think it applies for this song too...wear headphones!! Some things you just need the surround sound to get all the parts, and this group definitely has a lot of parts. Currently there are eleven people in this group, which consists of vocals, guitar, bass, drums, percussion, horns, trumpet, violin and the ukelele.In the past though they have also used the viola, cello, banjo, accordion, xylophone and the keyboard. They are originally from Salem, but live in Portland now, and are signed by labels in the States as well as Canada. They have pretty complicated arrangements that only people with music knowledge could really understand the complexity and thought which goes into it, but even without a musical understanding this is still absolutely beautiful to listen to. It makes me feel happy, and calm....which is helping since I found out the big news of today. All I'm going to say on it is O' Captain, My Captain because it hit me hard and I'm still processing, plus I don't need to blather on to you guys. If you know what those words mean, you know what I'm saying. Anyway, enjoy the music and I hope I'll see you tomorrow.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment