Hi guys. Today's song is Who I Am Hates Who I've Been by Relient K.
This is an American rock band who've been around since 1998, and is currently made up of Matt Hoopes and Matt Thiessen. The group formed with these two guys plus Brian Pittman. They got their demo recorded by a friend's father who used to be in dc Talk. Then another former member of that group heard it and signed them to his label. In 2000 they released their debut album, which was christian rock, and after dealt with a revolving door of members. They released a second album a year later, where they started to use fluid transitions between songs for easier listening. By their third album they were starting to get nominated for awards, winning Modern Rock Album of the Year in 2004. This song I think is from the album released that same year, being more serious than previous releases. After this one is also when Pittman left, but he did play a sort of goodbye show before bowing out. Since then they've continued to release music, have done webisodes of recording stuff, bus fires, and even more band member shuffles. Their most recent stuff came in 2017 with a new EP and some touring so check out their newer stuff too and tell me what you think.
Now we need a song that reminds you of school. Sammy went with a young school memory with Oops I Did It Again by Britney Spears. Will’s choice is my favorite with I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness. My mom chose Smoking In The Boys Room by Twisted Sister, and then my grandma said Oh Susannah by Neil Young. Last was Anna with Rudie Can't Fail by The Clash.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment