Monday, September 17, 2018

Year 5, Day 311

Hi guys. Today's song is Ready To Be Myself by David Dunn.


David is an American singer, born and raised in Texas. He started with music while he was in college, playing in coffeehouses before releasing an EP in 2009. His music career got put on hold for awhile while he went on a Humanitarian trip for over a year, but he came back with a renewed sense of purpose. In 2012 he auditioned for and ended up on the Voice. As far as I know he didn't win, but it was enough to get him the exposure he needed. So he signed with a label and by 2014 released his debut EP, and an album by the next year. He had a couple singles come out in 2016 before releasing another album in 2017. So as far as the music ask goes, I'm being weird. I had a really tough time because I don't really have anyone I consider special... it makes me sound kind of sad. So rather than a song special because of someone else, I decided to find a song that spoke to myself, so that's this one.

Doing a complete 180 from yesterday, this is a song made precious because of a special someone. I kept saying it doesn’t have to be romantic. My grandma chose The Last Roundup by George Melanchrino, and my mom went with Cadillac Ranch by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Will chose If You Only Knew by Shinedown, Sammy picked Nothing Like You by Dan + Shay, and Anna went with Same Girl by Usher and R. Kelly.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment