Thursday, September 13, 2018

Year 5, Day 307

Hey everybody. Today I give you Song of My Father by Urban Rescue.


This is a Christian electopop group. They're from LA, and they've technically been formed as a group since 2009, but only started truly releasing music in 2016. That's when they're debut album Wild Heart came Out. They do have three EP's and two albums they brought out before being signed in 2016, but it seems like you'd be hard pressed to find them. Since their album, they've been doing city sessions around LA, playing their music live. So I chose these guys because the song was written about God, father as in the higher father, but it's muted enough that it could probably be applied in non religious situations as well. I didn't know when I chose it that they were a Christian group, but it makes sense... so double whammy for the criteria today.

Now we need a religious song. You could go super religious, or not very and I think we've got a mix. First is my grandma’s with Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley, my mom’s pick of Spirit In The Sky by Norman Greenbaum, and Will’s chose a song by a Christian rock band with Running With Giants by Thousand Foot Krutch. Anna decided on a classic in Silent Night, this version is done by the Kings College Choir. Sammy also went with a Christian band in Who I Am Hates Who I've Been by Relient K.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment