Hey. So today's song is Everything Is Fine by All Time Low.
I was showing my sister a bunch of the stuff I found when consolidating my old artwork and school projects and it was equal parts amusing and terrifying. It was nice, like oh look here's a shitty drawing of a shoe! And look how bad you were at drawing trees, but then you get into the writing things. Some were funny, like my pro's and con's list for mustaches, but others were probably saved if I ever went to a counselor... There was one poem about fire and how much it can hurt people. I've never been all that fond of fire. I like campfires because of the atmosphere, but fires in general kind of scare me. There was a list of my fears that simply ended with carnivores which... well yes, being eaten alive is a founded fear when half this country is wilderness. The worst one was a short story titled "Why The Sky Cries." I expected something cookie cutter about like a sad rain cloud with no friends, but what I got was so much darker. It was about a girl who was forced into manual labour in her own home by her father, who apparently whipped the mom to death, and would beat the girl. She sang a song her mom used to sing and when the dad heard it he dragged her into town and burned her at the stake. When the girl died she went into the sky and legend says when that song is sang the sky (the girl) weeps. Full disclosure: my dad was emotionally manipulative, not abusive. He never touched me, my mom, or my sister; and apart from my childhood obsession with the Salem witch trials I have no idea where this came from. I wonder if this is normal. I know I've seen collections of things kids have said that is inherently creepy, but they don't know it at the time so maybe this is one? If you guys have something like this, share it with me because I'd really like to know. Maybe we can get our own collection going.
This one is a song that needs an air microphone. After explaining it a few times to my grandma, she chose Hound Dog by Elvis Presley. My mom picked Hey Baby by No Doubt, and Will wanted to put Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons. Anna went with I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston, then Sammy was last and she said Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield. If you've ever seen Easy A, her choice will make sense.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment