Thursday, September 20, 2018

Year 5, Day 314

Hi everyone. So today's song is High Ticket Attractions by The New Pornographers.


I've been holding on to this song for awhile to feature, but I just never knew when the right time was. I had a lot I could have used for this criteria, but I decided it was about time for this. So it's a Canadian band from Vancouver who've been around since 1997. The name is inspired by a Japanese film. It's less a band and more of a musical collective because it's an amalgamation of members who are also in other things. Despite this, they've released seven albums so far, with most of them ending up in the top 40 lists. This is one of their newer songs, released in 2017. So really quickly, the current members are Carl Newman (who has a solo career and is part of Superconductor and Zumpano), Dan Bejar (who's in Destroyer, Swan Lake, Hello, and Blue Roses), Neko Case (who's in Maow, The Corn Sisters, and Cub), John Collins (from The Evaporators and Destroyer), Blaine Thurier (who makes films), Todday Fancey (who does solo work and is in Limblifter), Kathryn Calder (who's solo and in Immaculate Machine), and Joe Seiders (who's in Beat Club). Most of those I've never heard of, but if you want a music deep dive I guess you can start there. Good luck.

This one is a song with a great music video and there are so many good options! Will went with something soon to be iconic with This Is America by Childish Gambino. Sammy went feel good with Glorious by Macklemore featuring Skylar Grey, and Anna said Walkie Talkie Man by Steriogram. Then my mom picked Who Do You Love by Marianas Trench, and my grandma said Is There Life Out There by Reba McEntire.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment