Friday, July 30, 2021

Year 7, Day 259

Morning! Today's song is Exhibit by Leningrad.

Photo by Elekes Andor

So Leningrad is a Russian group active from 1997 to 2008, and then again since 2010 with plans to disband soon. Currently the members include Sergei Shnurov, Vyacheslav Antonov, Aleksandr Popov, Andrey Antonenko, Grigoriy Zontov, Roman Parygin, Andrey Kurayev, Ilya Rogachevskiy, Konstantin Limonov, Vladislav Aleksandrov, Aleksey Kanev, Denis Mozhin, Aleksey Kalinin, Dmitry Guguchkin, Florida Chanturia, and Viktor Rapotihin. So there was a bunch of past members to that I'm not going to list or this with literally all just be names. The group is led by Sergei Shnurov and started as gypsy punk. They're known for their "vulgar" lyrics and because much of the content of their stuff is considered taboo they aren't played on radio stations, and they've even been fined before for saying profanity, as well as being targeted specifically by some politicians leading to them only able to perform at private functions. Despite all of this they are still pretty damn popular. And as far as the vulgarity of it, I haven't checked translations to see how bad it is but North American music in general is usually vulgar just as a base function then some songs make it more so. So I don't consider it to be a problem, plus the video always makes me laugh. So I hope you enjoy it.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment