Good Morning! Today's song is It's A Man's Man's Man's World by James Brown.
![]() |
| Photo by: Heinrich Klaffs |
So James Brown is a huge musician with a long musical career that I should do a good write up for, but unfortunately I'm running behind. My own fault, I'm a dingbat, but because of that it's going to be a brief overview. James Brown was a musician active from 1954 until 2006. Her began in a group called the Avons, but changed the name to The Famous Flames. He started doing studio time with that group, by himself, and with another band he put together called the James Brown band. The reason why I'm glad I'm doing an overview is the sheer size of his career. He's credited with releasing 60 albums, and had other appeared in film 31 times. He also had quite the personal life, married four times with 9 children he recognized (which I guess means there were others he disputed were his?). He had drug problems, he went to prison, he also has been accused of sexual assault which given the length of his career is not very surprising to me, and also had some domestic abuse allegations. His career abruptly stopped in 2006 when he passed away from heart problems via pneumonia. I don't think Brown was a good person, but I can't deny the impact his music and musical career has had. I guess all that's left is the court of public opinion, so let me know what you guys think.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment