Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Year 7, Day 243

Good Morning! Today's song is Say My Name by Peking Duk featuring Benjamin Joseph.


Peking Duck is an Australian duo made up of Reuben Styles and Adam Hyde. They formed as a group in 2010 when Styles left his old group Rubycon. They released a bootleg remix in 2012 of a Passion Pit song, which got them a lot of attention. In 2013 they came in fourth on a Top 50 competition in Australia, after coming in in the top ten the year before. Their music started getting played on the radio, they performed at festivals, and started hosting a weekly remix radio show. In 2014 they got their first big hit on the ARIA charts and got signed, then in 2015 they released an EP. They did some shows, and went on a national tour in 2019 before releasing a new song in 2020 inspired by the quarantine. Check that out if you're curious. This song features Benjamin Joseph as the vocalist, but I can't actually find anything about him. I know he has also been the featured vocalist on other songs, but there is no bio that I can find for this specific person. So if you guys know, please fill me in because I'm at a loss. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment