Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Year 7, Day 257

Morning! Today's song is Uh Oh by Chloe Wang.

Photo by: Gage Skidmore

Okay so in international week for the blog, it usually refers to the actual language, as in most songs are in a language I don't understand because I feature international artists all the time anyway. This song is kind of the exception where I'm technically featuring the English version, but there is another version that exists in Chinese. I'm doing the English one because I know Chloe Wang as an English speaking actor, so the English version is the first one I heard, although it seems like the Chinese version has a better flow overall. So professionally she goes by Chloe Bennet rather than Chloe Wang so she doesn't get typecast in her acting career. Her musical career was only during 2011, although her singing career is the reason she moved to the States from China in 2007. In 2010 she moved to LA and started doing acting, getting some pretty high profile roles which is probably why she hasn't done music since. I watched her in Agents of SHIELD, and I really liked her... though she kind of lost my respect a bit when I found out she was dating one of the most cretinous YouTubers, but there is no denying her acting chops. When the actors on that show had their little dubsmash war with the Agent Carter actors this song got used and I saved it to put up here, so finally we're doing that. I hope you enjoy it and check out both versions.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment