Hey guys. Today I give you Paradise Waiting by Vacationer.
These guys are from Philly, and are basically the brainchild of the singer Kenny Vasoli. He was inspired after going to Bonnaroo in Tennessee and wanted to create an electronic project. Technically it's classified as electro-dream pop which is a term I've never heard... accurate though. The band say the sound is nu-hula. "It’s just a humorous way of saying that we are the in the new wave of tropical music." I'm sure I'm late to the party, but I feel like we should all start referring to this type of music as nu-hula because that's just perfect. I'd recommend checking out their other stuff too if you're in an islandy mellow mood. Not that I should talk really because I'm jamming to them while sitting by a window covered in snow, letting the -16 degree weather seep in. Whatever, it works.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment