Friday, November 4, 2016

Year 4, Day 256

Afternoon. Today's song is In the Still of the Night by Fred Parris and the Satins.


I mentioned Frank Sinatra yesterday which got me thinking about the classic songs that I never listen to anymore. So it's time again (because I feel like it) to do an oldies week and shine a light on some fabulous acts from before my time. So originally this group wasn't so successful. They had to re-evaluate membership and came back sans two guys with one new guy. I think my favorite anecdote is this song was actually a B-side song. As in, not as important necessarily as the one on the A-side. And yet it charted at #3. It got even more success after being featured on a compilation disc. Unfortunately right around that time Fred Parris got drafted, effectively ending the group. After the war a lot of reincarnation of the group happened, some of which being Fred Parris and the Scarlets, and Fred Parris and the Restless Hearts. To me though, the group when this song came out will always be my favorite of the options.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment