Morning. So today's song is Tough Love by Suzie McNeil.
I don't think I've featured Suzie before so let's do a quick bio on her. She is another Canadian artist, from Ontario because for some reason every famous Canadian is from there. She got her start on Rock Star: INXS which was basically American Idol, but for rock musicians. She didn't win, but came in fourth place and that was enough to jumpstart her career. Throughout her ten year spotlight in the music industry she has worked with lots of artists including Pink and Matt Nathanson; and has had songs featured in lots of TV shows and campaigns. I feel kind of bad because every time this song plays on my ipod my initial reaction is that it's Katy Perry. The voices sound so similar at the beginning. And it's horrible because I think Suzie has been around longer than Katy, but Katy is the bigger star. Do you guys hear it too or am I just insane?
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment