Saturday, December 31, 2022

Year 8, Day 184

Hey guys. Today's song is I'm A Mess by Avril Lavigne and YUNGBLUD.

So I've featured Avril Lavigne before and therefore aren't going to focus that much on her today. She's a Canadian singer active since 1999 and has released seven albums since then, the first in 2002 with her latest being from 2022, which is where this song is from and as you saw above, it's a collaboration with Yungblood. Yungblood is the stage name for Dominic Harrison, an English singer active since 2017. Before breaking into music, he was actually an actor on a soap opera, which is not something I expected. He released an EP in 2017, then supported K.Flay on her tour before releasing his debut album in 2018. He continued to do touring and released EPs through 2019, then was nominated for four different NME awards, winning one of them. He released his second album in 2020, then in 2021 he released a short film based on his song Mars, He started releasing singles for his upcoming third album through the beginning of 2022, before the album was released in September. For being relatively new in the industry he has collaborated (whether musically or through his videos) with a lot of big names, so this song with Avril is no exception. I'm sure he was stoked though, since she's listed as one of his musical influences. It's a great song, and I'm interested to see what else he's got. Hopefully you guys are too.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment