Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Year 8, Day 173

Hey guys. Today's song is The Chipmunk Song by Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Alvin and the Chipmunks are animated characters that have been around since 1958. They're kind of the brainchild of Ross Bagdasarian Sr. who performed the Witch Doctor as David Seville, with it being a novelty song that had sped up parts. There were no chipmunks at this point, but as he kept doing songs with sped up voices he saw a chipmunk and drew inspiration to make the boys. This song I'm featuring is technically the very first song that the Chipmunks were ever featured on in 1958, and the hula hoop reference was because that was the number one toy that year. The Chipmunks have continued on in popularity since. I remember watching the animated cartoon when I was a kid, so it's kind of a nostalgia thing. It's kept going even since I was a kid with movies out in the late 2000's so it's not a question of if people know the Chipmunks, but which version of them is the one they know. You tell me.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment