Hey guys. Today's song is Christmas Without You by Ava Max.
![]() |
| Photo from: El Hormiguero |
I always like to throw some newer Christmas songs into the mix along with the classics because even though I do love the classics, there is only so many times you can listen to them before you're kind of done. So new Christmas music (that isn't just a new version) is refreshing. I hadn't known Ava had any festive songs until I stumbled on to this one, but I think it's great. Obviously we've talked about Ava before: Ava Max is the stage name for Amanda Koci whose been active in the industry since 2013. She adopted the middle name Ava at 13, saying she never felt like an Amanda. Originally known as just AVA, she released her debut single in 2013. She failed to get a demo picked up for a couple years until meeting the record producer Cirkut in 2015. In 2016 she released a song she worked on with him through SoundCloud, which gained popularity and led to her being signed. This is when she added the last name, which according to her adds a masculine element to the femininity of just Ava. She has two listed albums, one from 2020 and another that is one deck to be released in early 2023 and has some singles from that already floating around to tease it if you want to check those out. But for now, this will close out our Christmas week and tomorrow we'll be back to our regularly scheduled songs. Happy Holidays!
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment