Hey guys. Today's song is Shalala Lala by Vengaboys.

Can I just say that I'm so glad I had never seen this video when I was a kid. I would have been scarred for life... hell I might be traumatized from it now, why is it so sexual?! Watch at your own childhood ruination risk. Alright, so this is a Dutch Eurodance group (that I listened to all the time as a kid) active from 1997 until 2002, and then again since 2006. Currently the members include Kim Sasabone, Denise Post-Van Rijswijk, Robin Pors, and Donny Latupeirissa with past members being Roy Olivero den Burger and Yorick Bakker. Wendelien van Diepen formed the group, finding and hiring the members and they are considered one of the most popular Dutch groups with three albums released before they all disbanded, though I don't know if that was for any particular reason. After they came back it was with some member changes, and started to release new music in 2010. They've mostly done lots of touring and performances, but did release a Christmas album in 2014 that you can check out if you're feeling festive, which you might be considering we're approaching the holidays.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment