Hey guys. Today's song is The Hamsterdance Song from Hampton and the Hamsters.

I'm still a little traumatized from yesterday's video so my brain is not here today which is a bad thing since I have so many projects that I need to finish and them seem endless. Which reminded me of the idiom hamster on a wheel because that is me today. So I figured why not match my hamster feeling with more weird 2000's stuff today and show you guys this. For those who remember you will either love or hate it, and those who've never seen this before...I'm sorry. But if you want to know what the late 90's/early 2000's was like, it was getting this sent to you in an email with no context. This was before social media existed and before the rickroll became a thing. Just imagine it. So the history: Canadian art student was competing with her sister over views (way ahead of their time) and made hampsterdance.com in 1998. By 1999 it was an office prank and being spread around, then this song was produced by the Boomtang Boys in 2000 and is credited to a band made up of four cartoon hamsters. And it actually became a number one hit on the Canadian Singles chart. So spread the fun and show some people the Hamster Dance today.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment