Sunday, May 3, 2020

Year 6, Day 352

Good Morning! Today's song is I'm Not Okay (I Promise) by My Chemical Romance.

Photo by: MoJo Jo Jo

You guys already know that MCR is a love of mine, although I came into it late. But music is eternal, so it doesn't matter when you find it, so long as you do. Anyway, this band was around from 2001 until 2013. They did come back in 2019 to do some touring and are going to do more once the world opens back up, but I don't know if they're officially back or not yet. Back as in making new music I mean. They've released four albums, the first in 2002 and the most recent from 2010. Some people call this emo music, others refer to it a pop rock and other variations of that. I know Gerard Way hates the emo moniker, but whatever you want to call it, there is no denying that this band has made an impact in the industry. I know that I'm doing lots of older songs right now, but this is kinda the mood that I've been feeling, so I think it's going to stay. And like I said before, music is eternal. Old, new, it doesn't matter. So long as it's good.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment