Hey. Today's song is Stand By You by Rachel Platten.
This song was everywhere for awhile, but it's cooled down lately, so I felt it was moderately safe again. I am a bit of a fan girl for Rachel after finding out that she used to be in an all female acapella group while in college. If you guys are thinking of Pitch Perfect... probably a little similar yeah. She ended up doing a work study program in Trinidad at a record label, and sang backup for a friends performance in front of hundreds of thousands of people. That's how she got the ambition to really want to make a career of singing. She released her first album in 2003, and it's been up and onward since then with the last one coming out last year. I'm sure we'll be seeing more from her, so keep an eye out.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment