Saturday, December 16, 2017

Year 5, Day 36

What's up. Today I give you Let It Go by James Bay.


James is an English singer who has been playing guitar since he was a kid. Once he hit 18 he started doing open mic nights and learned about performing that way. After some of his stuffed popped up on YouTube (shocker) he caught the interest of a label and released an EP. He pretty much blew up right away and you can hear why in his music. He's just so brilliant. This song is from his second EP which came out in 2014. He dipped his toe in a lot of different spots so far. He tours, he's released an album, won awards, endorses products, has a clothing line, had a featured song in a movie, and is an advocate for the charity WaterAid. Quite the collection of stuff. Regardless though the reason I'm featuring this guy is because I'm absolutely in love with the song, and if my voice wasn't dead right now from the flu I'd be singing along. As it stands right now I sound like a wounded animal so I'll spare everyone in the building from hearing that. You guys will have to sing along for me.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment