Hello. So today's song is The Trouble With Us by Chet Faker and Marcus Marr.
Marcus Marr is an English DJ, and he collaborated with Chet Faker (an Australian singer) on this track. I guess they met because Faker posted one of Marr's songs on social media, and so that opened up a line of communication between them. I'm glad it did because I love this song. Now let me do a mini breakdown on both of them for you. Marcus Marr have been active since 2010 and was inspired to become a DJ after witnessing a set by DJ Harvey. After he was signed to a label is when he teamed up with Chet Faker and they released a four song EP of collab work. So yes this is not the only song featuring their joint prowess. Go find the rest. Also make sure to check out his new stuff too because he's still going strong on his own. Now for the other one... So Chet Faker is a stage name. He's actually called Nick Murphy (which is what he's going by now musically) and has been active since 2011. You normally don't get to know why people use stage names, but in this case his own name is pretty generic, and when he was first starting out people kept confusing him with another musician by the same name. So he chose Chet Faker to pay homage to one of his musical inspirations Chet Baker. I'm still waiting to see what he's going to do now that he's dropped that pseudonym, but I'm excited.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment