Friday, December 1, 2017

Year 5, Day 21

Hi. Today's song is Zavelow House by Owsley.


This is another super weird song that I've absolutely fallen in love with. I honestly can't listen to it enough. I will never be tired of it. So Owsley is a last name. His full name is William Reese Owsley the third, and if ever there was a person that I wont question having numbers follow their name it would be him. This family seems to be a crazy talented one when it comes to the arts. His father was in a marching ban, his mom was a singer, sister was a pianist, and his brother a rock guitarist. I don't know what you would classify Will as so we'll just call him awesome. He started off as a part of an MTV band, and that got him huge notice by record labels, so much so that he formed his own band and started making an album. The Semantics didn't work out though because apparently their stuff was "too pop for alternative and too alternative for pop." Yeah....I'd love to shove that comment in the face of whoever said it now because music genres cross and mix constantly. The ended up dropped and devastated. After that he became a tour guitarist and did his stuff kind of on the side until he died in 2010. It's awful that he killed himself, that there was something going on that deep in his soul that he went there, but I'm going to choose to appreciate what he gave us while he was still around. I hope you do too.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment