Thursday, December 7, 2017

Year 5, Day 27

Hey. Today's song is Safe and Sound by Capital Cities.


These guys are an American indie band, and are made up of (at the time I'm writing) Ryan Merchant, Sebu Simonian, Manny Quintero, Spencer Ludwig, Nick Merwin, and Channing Holmes. The band in any form has been around since 2010. The band was started by Merchant and Simonian after a successful career making jingles together. It may have nothing to do with the band, but I've always low-key loved jingles. It's such a great way to advertise because you never forget them. Anyway, they were signed in 2012, and this song was their first single. I know it from a movie, but most people recognize it from its commercial use. We haven't heard too much from the band since except for one other really well done music video, but last year they hinted that new music was on the way so I guess we'll wait and see.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment