Hey guys. So today's song is Don't You Want Me Baby by Atomic Tom.
This is incredible. Seriously, this video deserves an award. There are so many 80's references, I almost can't handle it!! My goal is to figure out all of them. Honestly though, for a kid born in 1993 I knew a hell of a lot of them. At first when I found this I just chose it because I love this song. Then I saw it had the guy from That 70's Show. Then they started referencing and I was absolutely hooked. Wow. So I'm now going to list the ones I know and saw.
Here we go: Say Anything (movie with John Cusak), Dirty Dancing (movie with Swayze and Jennifer Grey), Ghostbusters (I will not explain because everyone should already know it), Weird Science (movie with Anthony Michael Hall, of my favorites from that era), Ghost (movie with Swayze and Demi Moore), Sixteen Candles (movie with Molly Ringwald).... I don't know the next one when he's in the grey suit. Then I think it's Beverly Hills Ninja, but I could be wrong, ET (obviously...it had young Drew Barrymore in it), don't understand the reece's pieces thing, or the rabbit....
The next one is obviously Star Wars, I don't know the next one, I think next is Poltergeist, but I blocked horror movies from my mind because my dad made me watch it when I was a kid. Top Gun! The movie with Tom Cruise in it....don't know the mermaid thing, though I feel like I should. Next is Teen Wolf (the original from the 80's), and then holy crap it's Marty McFly and Doc from BACK TO THE FUTURE!! These movies are my absolute favorites. Oh, Risky Business, everyone knows you. Again with Tom Cruise in it. Next is possibly supposed to be Indiana Jones...not too sure. Then it's Ferris Bueller's Day off!! Matthew Broderick was my hero as a child.
Umm...this is The Shining. Next one I have no idea. Haha! The bathing suit thing is from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Classic. Then not sure, not sure, next maybe Cocktail with Tom Cruise? Not sure of the basketball thing, Flash Dance, Friday Night, Can't Buy Me Love, not sure of white suits one, Caddyshack, and don't know the next three. After that though is Little Shop Of Horrors! My grandma and I have a "feed me Seymour" understanding...More Risky Business, The Blues Brothers, more Top Gun, more Teen Wolf, more Dirty Dancing, more of one I don't know, more Ghostbusters. And what better way to end an 80's night than by posing in the ultimate classic 80's movie pose from The Breakfast Club....damn for a 90's kid I really did okay. If you know the ones that I couldn't figure out, please tell me!!
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment