Thursday, January 30, 2020

Year 6, Day 258

Good Morning! Today's song is You Spin Me Round by Dead or Alive.


These guys are an English pop band active from 1980 until 2016. There were seven albums in that time, the first in 1984 and the most recent from 2000. This song is actually their most popular and topped the charts in 1985. It stays around though as a classic because it keeps getting used in popular media. It's been called "one of the best white dance records of all time" by musician Gary Kemp, who was known for being a part of a band called Spandau Ballet. This song was actually covered by Jessica Simpson which is odd, and it's been remixed before. I know recently in Pitch Perfect they featured Right Round by Flo Rida which is inspired by this song (I think that's the right way to put it). You'll see what I mean if you listen to both songs in quick succession. Check it out.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment