Thursday, January 2, 2020

Year 6, Day 230

Good Morning! Today's song is Wide Awake by Katy Perry.


Ugh. I went to the doctor's today and again she made me feel like utter shit and judged me more than my father... which is really saying something. I thought I could stick it out, because at least something was being done, but no. It's a pretty common problem was doctors to write people off as faking it or exaggerating, especially in young women with anxiety issues, and I don't want to be another cautionary tale where my doctor wouldn't listen and then I ended up in the emergency room with something that could have been fixed easily if caught early. I'm feeling frustrated and defeated, so I need to word vomit it out. But this is a good chance for me to encourage everyone else here that if you are in a similar situation, whether doctor, dentist, lawyer, etc., that while they might be "professionals," they don't know your life and are basing their judgement on maybe five minutes of content about you. While their opinion is appreciated and sought, it's not an ultimatum on you, trust your own judgement. If it feels wrong, it probably is. Good luck to you guys, and wish me some too because now I'm going doctor hunting. Thank god there is an online directory now.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment