Morning. So today's song is Creep by Radiohead.
This one is an ode to my entire family who when I asked for suggestions of which artists to showcase all suggested Radiohead. I don't know what that says about them, and I've never been super big on this band, but hey why not right? So they are an English rock band around since the 80's. Originally the called themselves On A Friday as a nod to their usual rehearsal time while they were in school, but they changed it when their label asked them to. They were signed in 1991 and released this song, which became viral around the world and increased their popularity by a huge margin also worldwide by the third album in 1997. This song is one of the ones I know best thanks to rock band and my truly sad attempts to sing to it. These guys had a pretty solid lock on the sound of the 90's, but once the millennium hit they changed their sound, with each album since exploring something different than before. And they are still going strong doing a tour this year, so good on them. I don't know why I never got into them, everyone else is. I mean if memory serves I think one of my teachers used a Radiohead stamp in my yearbook... I might have to check and see if I'm right. Anyway this song is good, and I hope if you like it you'll check out more.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment