Hiya. Today's song is Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meatloaf.
Meatloaf is a singer that I was actually first introduced to by my mom. I didn't like it, and I forgot about it. Then I discovered Rocky Horror Picture Show and I fell in love with it, only to realize Meatloaf was in it, so I started to look him up. His real name is Marvin Lee Aday who has been active since the 60's. His first band was called Meat Loaf Soul, and when recording he hit a high note that broke the recording equipment, which earned him three different recording contracts, all of which he turned down. The band did many gigs and went through different names and guitarists during that time before Meatloaf decided to join the production of Hair a few times. After that he appeared in Rocky Horror, then focused on his Bat Out of Hell album for the next couple of years. He has a huge career and I can't cover it all, but you can get a pretty good discography from the Bat out of Hell saga that continues through his career. Recently he's been on the cast of a new show I like and I was very proud that I'm the only one in my family who realized it was him. Oh, and the name Meatloaf came from his high school football coach who called him that because of his weight. Rude, but he took ownership of that name and made a career out of it, so good for him. I like this song, but I actually like remakes of it more. One in particular that made an impact was the one from Glee (I know, choir nerd popping up again) I think it's mostly just the way Lea gets introduced in the number. They make it very powerful. You can see what I mean here if you're interested.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment