Sunday, June 17, 2018

Year 5, Day 219

Hi guys. Today's song is Sweet City Woman by The Stampeders.


This is another Canadian rock band, but this one apparently started in my hometown. Currently they are a trio made up of Rich Dodson, Ronnie King, and Kim Berly. When they started in the sixties though there were five of them, and went by the name The Rebounds. They switched to this name in 1965 and became a trio by 1968. This song came out in 1971 and got them some Juno awards and sold really well. They had another huge hit five years later, but then broke up in 1977. They apparently reunited though before I was born for the 1992 Stampede and have been touring since. I love learning that well known bands are from my home, it makes me proud. And considering where they're from the band name makes a lot more sense. So now I can add this one to the list, and hopefully the song will bring you guys a little joy.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment