Hiya. So today's song is Spirits by The Strumbellas.
These guys are a Canadian band from Ontario and have been active since 2008. The members include Simon Ward, David Ritter, Jon Hembrey, Isabel Ritchie, Darryl James, and Jeremy Drury. Their EP came out in 2009 and got them some pretty positive press, leading to a regular gig and the Cameron House in Toronto. In 2010 they got invited to do performances at other venues and festivals so they spent most of that time on a kind of mini tour. 2011 was (I assume) for writing and their album was released in 2012. They released it independently and got nominated for a Juno. That traction got them a record deal and they ended up releasing another album by 2013. While they were nominated for the Junos the year before, with the second album they won the same category the following year. This song is from their third album which was released in 2016 followed by an international tour and another Juno for this song specifically. I heard this on my drive home the other day and it reminded me of how much I love the song so I really wanted to get it on here. Hope you like it.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment