Sunday, November 26, 2017

Year 5, Day 16

Hi everyone. Today's song is Tiring Game by John Newman featuring Charlie Wilson.


The story of how Newman got started song music is a really sad one and not what I expected. He had been using music as a way of processing his grief after his two friends died in a car crash. He was still a teenager at the time, but the obsession with music really started there. By twenty he was signed to a label, and met one of the members of Rudimental which is how he got his big break. He ended up being featured on one of their songs. That one became a massive hit so the group featured him on a second track too. He officially debuted in 2013 with his first album and is on his way to a second one right now so check him out. Now I have to talk a bit about Charlie Wilson because his voice blew me out of the water the first time I heard this song. I don't know what about him did it, but I was feeling a preacher vibe from him so I wanted to check his history to see is I was right. Well, not him technically, but his father was a Reverend which was close enough to satisfy my curiosity. Charlie and his brothers, after singing in the church for so long, formed a group called the Gap Band who went strong for 15 albums. They retired in 2010 and then Charlie went solo. If you want to get technical Charlie stated working on the solo stuff in 2005 with his first album, with the second coming out after the retirement. His jacket reads like the seasoned performer he is so if you are ever in the mood, go follow his career through the tunes. It looks like quite the journey.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment