Hi. Today's song is Stolen Dance by Milky Chance.
Can we take a second to recognize how nicely that title and band name roll off the tongue together? So good. This is a folk group from Germany made up of Clemens Rehbein, Philipp Dausch, and Antonio Greger. So give it up for Germany! From the sounds of it they were together writing their music for awhile before actually actively playing for audiences. They only played two shows before recording the debut album and released some of their stuff on YouTube. Including this song. Apparently they didn't expect it to get big but of course it did, becoming a viral sensation. In an interview with an Edmonton radio station (because why wouldn't a German band be interviewed by a city in my province in Canada, why not) they said that it took three years to write the song. I chose this song because I know it, I've heard it before, but if you like the vibe you should check out the newer stuff. They did just release an album this year so lots to listen to.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment