Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Year 4, Day 106

Hi guys. Today's song is Check On It by Beyonce.


All right we have some old school Beyonce featuring rappers that you never heard from again! Seriously though, I've never heard of these guys before. What I find hilarious about this video is that it has so many trends in it before they were a thing. The pink hair, the leotard, the mentioning of twerking. Did every potential pop star watch this and then decide what they were going to do? I mean obviously it was Beyonce who started the movement of singers wearing leos with the Single Ladies video, but this was way before that. And I thought Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj were the first ones to go with the really wacky hair and crazy colors for everything. I guess what we learn today is all things began with Beyonce.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment