Friday, December 18, 2020

Year 7, Day 35

Good Morning! Today's song is Everytime by Britney Spears. 

Photo by: Sam Levy

Alright, I've featured Britney before, and she's been a pop icon for decades so I'm not doing an overview of her career today, but I do want to put my two cents in on her situation, as a person who likes her music, but isn't necessarily a super fan. So since 2008, Britney Spears has had her entire life run by her father through a conservatorship, meaning she was deemed unfit to run her own life and her father was given legal control of her affairs. Which, granted it was a time when she was struggling and had mental breakdown, so I understand the conservatorship at that time with the intent of protecting her best interests. The problem is she is still under a conservatorship, and her father is still in charge of it. A woman, a grown woman, who is deemed fit enough to have part custody of her children (therefore the responsibility of seeing to their wellbeing) is not considered well enough to see to her own wellbeing?? Because he father is supposedly better? Now I may be biased because my father was a psychopath at home, but had everyone fooled into thinking he was great publicly, but the idea that her father still makes all the decisions for her is stupid. If she wants a conservatorship then great, fine, but she's made it clear she doesn't think he should be running it. I guess this drama is back again because he father was replaced temporarily because he had health stuff to deal with, and now Britney wants the woman who replaced him, her health care manager, to be the one in charge permanently. And of course he's fighting it. Personally I think the converatorship should be dissolved completely, but if she wants to keep it, she should at least be allowed to elect someone to handle it. She is capable of that much autonomy. Just my opinion anyway. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment