Saturday, August 13, 2022

Year 8, Day 44

Hey guys. Today's song is Wicked Ways by Halestorm.

Photo by: Sven Mandel

Alright you guys should know Halestorm already because I've featured both the band before, and just Lzzy when she collaborated with Lindsey Stirling. Halestorm is an American band, active since 1997 and currently made up of Lzzy Hale, Arejay Hale, Joe Hottinger, and Josh Smith with past members including Leo Nessinger and Roger Hale. Over the years they've released a total of five albums, with the most recent coming out this year. I've said it before and I'll say it again: one of the better things to come out of the pandemic is creatives had the chance to work on their craft and make things that we now get to enjoy. There has been an influx of music, book, etc and I am so thankful for all of these people for that. This band too should all be recognized for actually giving a shit about their roadies and other behind the scenes people who make concerts happen by launching the #RoadieStrong campaign to fundraise for live entertainment crews during the pandemic. They were by far not the only band to be involved, but I have so much respect for all those that were. So today we are celebrating Halestorm, and I'll be over in my corner living out my rock star fantasy for a few minutes while I play this song. Feel free to join in.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment