Friday, August 5, 2022

Year 8, Day 36

Hey guys. Today's song is In Love With You from First Date: The Musical.

So First Date: The Musical is a relatively new production in terms of musicals, only debuting in 2012. The book was written by Austen Winsberg with music and lyrics done by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner. The cast is small, with only about six people, and it centres around (as you probably guessed) a first date, a blind date specifically. It ran for a few months in Seattle before moving to Broadway in 2013 with Zachary Levi and Krysta Rodriguez as the leads. Which was exciting when I heard about it because i have loved Zachary since Chuck and I discovered Krysta on Smash and thought she was fantastic. Like I said on the other post, I wish there was an official version of each play that we could see with the original cast, especially because some never actually get revivals, but sometimes all we have is the cast recordings an if we're lucky a less than ideal quality version someone took so we can see the performance. So if you want to watch that it's here. Hope you enjoy it.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment