Thursday, October 3, 2019

Year 6, Day 139

Good Morning! Today's song is 25 Hits, 25 Years by BYU Vocal Point.


So these guys are an a capella group from Brigham Young University in Utah. I don't know if I've featured this specific group before, but I have featured at least one from the school. This is an all male group, founded in 1991 and currently is made up of Jason Bromley, Yaphet Bustos, Nathan Cazmersen, Jantzen Dalley, Joshua Dalley, Cabe John, Matt Newman, David Steele, and James Thorup. They've had 13 albums to date, and have won two Pearl Awards. They won the ICCA in 2006, then came in second in 2011. ICCA is the International Championship of Collegiate A Capella which is now more widely known about because of Pitch Perfect. They've also placed 5th on the Sing Off and received a regional Emmy Award. These guys are one of my more preferred collegiate groups, but I do go through phases where I watch the entries for the ICCA competition on YouTube. You should look those up if you're curious. They're pretty good.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment