Hi. So today's song is No Day But Today from Rent.
Okay so the link above is the culmination of what's officially known as this song, but as far as the criteria for the song I need goes and for what impacted me in the film adaption, it's the pieces of this song that are featured in a scene with an AIDS support group. Those clips are here and here. Anyone who hasn't seen this or didn't hear me talk about it before, it's a movie adaption of a play written about people living with AIDS and it was very controversial for its time (probably still is) but it has had such a huge impact since being created. It's still horrible to me that Jonathon Larson died before seeing it brought to life which is why I will continue to recommend it. The issues it covers is something I'll probably never have to deal with in my life, but watching this got rid of a stigma for me before it even began, and I will always be grateful to musicals for helping me to realize things about other walks of life and making me not be such a shit person.
This one is a song that makes us sad. My mom chose In Case You Didn’t Know by Brett Young, and my grandma picked Leader Of The Pack by The Shangri-Las. Will decided on Please Remember Me by Tim McGraw, and Sammy went with a tear jerker in What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment